Cooper J. Macco graduated from St. John’s University School of Law in 2012 and was admitted to the New York State Bar in February 2013. He is also admitted to practice in the Eastern and Southern District of New York.
While in law school, Mr. Macco focused his studies on debt collection, insolvency, restructuring, and bankruptcy. Mr. Macco was the Vice President of the Bankruptcy Law Society and an Articles Editor of the Journal of Civil Rights and Economic Development. Mr. Macco received the CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Real Property, Creditor’s Rights, and Professional Responsibility, as well as a Dean’s Award for Excellence in Personal Federal Income Taxation. Mr. Macco made the Dean’s List for five semesters and graduated cum laude. Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Macco interned for a Justice of the Supreme Court of the State of New York and the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.
Prior to joining Macco Law Group LLP, Mr. Macco worked for an Eastern and Southern District Chapter 7 Panel Trustee. During that time, Mr. Macco handled the recovery of assets for the benefit of the Debtor’s estate, both in adversary proceedings and through informal negotiations. Mr. Macco has been involved in multiple bankruptcy mediation sessions, recovering a benefit for the estate without incurring legal fees associated with the trial. Mr. Macco has also handled corporate restructuring and sales under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code.
In addition to Bankruptcy, Mr. Macco has also handled various real estate proceedings, both on Long Island and in the City of New York. Mr. Macco is a Part 36 Eligible Receiver for the Counties of Suffolk and Nassau.
Areas of Practice
- New York, 2013
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2013
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2013
- St. John’s University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. – 2012
- Honors: cum laude
- Long Island University, C.W. Post Campus
- B.A. – 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Huntington Lawyers Club, Trustee
- Suffolk and Nassau Counties, Part 36 Eligible Receiver
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Academy of Law, Officer
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Bankruptcy & Insolvency Law Committee, Co-Chair
Past Employment Positions
- Suffolk and Nassau Counties, Part 36 Eligible Receiver, 2013
- Justice of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Intern
- United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, Intern
Check out his reviews on FindLaw