As longstanding court-appointed bankruptcy trustees and dedicated advocates for people seeking debt relief, our experienced Suffolk County, New York, attorneys understand bankruptcy law. We maintain a strong focus on helping people make sound, informed decisions. We encourage you to contact us today for answers to your bankruptcy law questions and counsel that can put your financial life back on track.
Experienced Attorneys with a Grasp of All Available Solutions
The U.S. Bankruptcy Code provides honest people an avenue for eliminating debt and getting a fresh start to become stable and productive again. Our veteran lawyers and dedicated staff know the nuances and procedures associated with bankruptcy law, and we are well equipped to evaluate your situation and identify the best available solution for you. If we can provide help to you, we will help you. If bankruptcy is not an alternative for you, we will tell you why it is not and offer other solutions.
Solid, Clear Counsel for Individuals, Families, and Businesses
Our law practice, led by longstanding partners Michael J. Macco and Richard L. Stern, is focused on these areas:
- Helping individuals and families file Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 consumer bankruptcy to obtain needed debt relief
- Helping businesses seek a reorganization of their debts under Chapter 11
- Advising and taking action for homeowners in need of foreclosure defense
- Identifying the most effective legal approaches for client’s whose goals include stopping creditor harassment and preserving critical assets
- Negotiating workouts and other non-bankruptcy remedies in situations where bankruptcy is not the best available solution
- Delivering in-depth counsel and assertive action for private business owners who require business reorganization or liquidation strategies
- Providing creditor representation in U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Defending third parties embroiled in bankruptcy litigation
Knowledge and Experience to Help You Make the Toughest Decisions
Many Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 personal bankruptcies are driven by events such as divorce, job loss, business failure, or a health crisis. Declining home values, wage stagnation and rapidly rising costs for life’s essentials are forcing many people to make tough personal decisions.
Our focus is to keep people in their homes and keep their other valuable items. The best time to contact our Suffolk County Chapter 7 bankruptcy and Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyers is when you first recognize you cannot keep up with your mortgage or other payments. However, we are able to help many people after they have missed one or more mortgage payments, or even when a foreclosure action has been pending many months as well. Macco Law Group, LLP provide a free initial consultation for individuals in need of debt relief, and we also represent an impressive list of businesses in matters before the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people obtain relief under the Bankruptcy Code.